Twenty Michigan companies are on the Fortune 500 list of top revenue-generating U.S. companies, with Detroit-based General Motors Co. leading the way.
Exxon Mobil Corp. bumped Wal-Mart Stores Inc. from the top spot, thanks to rising oil prices. Two other petroleum companies — Chevron and ConocoPhillips — ranked next behind Wal-Mart.
Fortune magazine released its annual list Monday.
GM was the highest-ranking Michigan company, at No. 5. Other state companies on the list:
9. Ford Motor Co., Dearborn.
47. Dow Chemical Co., Midland.
147. Whirlpool Corp., Benton Harbor.
161, TRW Automotive Holdings Inc., Livonia.
189. Lear Corp., Southfield.
201. Ally Financial Inc., Detroit.
205. Kellogg Co., Battle Creek.
222. Penske Automotive Group, Bloomfield Hills.
287. DTE Energy Co., Detroit.
308. Stryker Corp., Kalamazoo.
313. Autoliv Inc., Auburn Hills.
321. Visteon Corp., Van Buren Township.
338. Masco Corp., Taylor.
355. BorgWarner Inc., Auburn Hills.
380. CMS Energy Co., Jackson.
429. Auto-Owners Insurance, Lansing.
441. Kelly Services Inc., Troy.
459. Con-way Inc., Ann Arbor.
481. Meritor Inc., Troy.